This cookie recipe produces cookies very similar to Lofthouse’s frosted cookies that you can find at most grocery stores. These are not sweet cookies – the frosting is the sweet part. For true Lofthouse style results, frost these cookie with our Lofthouse style creamy cookie frosting. You can make these cookies are directed, or cut the dough into shapes for themed occasions.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 5-6 cups all-purpose flour (until desired consistency for rolling)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and sour cream, being sure to mix well.
- Slowly mix in baking soda and flour. Add flour until dough is fairly stiff for rolling. (Cookies are meant to be on the dry side).
- Wrap dough in saran wrap and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 400.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to approximately 1/4″ thick.
- Using a 2 1/2″ round cookie cutter, cut out cookies.
- Carefully place cut out cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 8 minutes (cookies should not turn golden).
- Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with our Lofthouse Style Frosting.
Makes approximately 6 dozen 2 1/2″ cookiesLofthouse Style Cookies,